Music Appreciation (20th Century)
2 for the Price of 1!
Introduction to Music Appreciation immerses young children (ages 6-8) to the world of classical music. Students learn to identify specific orchestral instruments and begin to understand that music is a language that tells stories.
Music Appreciation (20th C.) introduces students (ages 7+) to the major musical styles of the 20th century, including Classical, Big Band, Ragtime, Jazz, and Blues. Among the composers studied are Claude Debussy, Scott Joplin, Ellen Zwilich, Vince Guaraldi, George Gershwin, Leonard Bernstein, Duke Ellington, and Aaron Copland.
One FULL YEAR of lesson plans (1 per week) for each level
- Notes on Music History and Theory
- Short biographies and suggestions for further reading
- Links to audios & playlists
- And MORE
Extra Teacher Supports
- Music section of Alveary Member Tutorial
- Scheduling helps
- Hints for successful teacher preparation