CHARLOTTE MASON INSTITUTE
Now Hiring: Part-Time Operations Director
Position: Operations Director
Hours: part-time (20hr/wk), work from home w/ flexible hours
CMI is looking for an experienced, process-minded leader to help program leadership deliver measurable, cost-effective results that make our vision a reality. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team management experience to grow and further develop nonprofit educational support programs, initiate and develop new areas of service, and encourage leadership and team members toward a sustainable program system. The successful Operations Director builds strong relationships, communicates clearly, and has experience leading diverse teams.
The Operations Director will report to an Executive Director and/or Board of Directors and is responsible for the operational development, progress, and success of CMI programs, ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, quality control, and evaluation.
Roles and Responsibilities
CMI Organization and Vision Implementation
- Practice and promote program alignment with CMI’s mission, vision, values, and goals
- Provide input for all strategic planning processes with the Board of Directors, Executive Director and staff
Leadership and Team Management and Development
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership through personal involvement in CMI program areas
- Encourage stewardship of each individual’s talents and gifting
- Work with staff to develop objective performance measurements, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation, and to establish a goal setting program for program leadership
Program Administration and Operational Management
- Develop a balanced score card and program dashboard
- Implement and lead continuous quality and process improvement throughout program and service areas
- Oversee program leadership to support operations of projects from planning through implementation and follow-up/control stages and ensure cohesion across CMI
- Collaborate with program leadership and other appropriate parties for project cost management
- Assist in development of new volunteer program
Public Relations & Marketing Collaboration
- Collaborate and help manage Public Relations activity using SWOT/SOAR analyses
- Contribute to marketing discussions on messaging and campaigns
- Collaborate with team leaders to analyze data as appropriate
Qualifications and Skills
This position requires strong interpersonal skills for team motivation and management with a basic comprehension of business objectives and their translation into successful projects.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, with nonprofit leadership experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, an MBA or similar advanced degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Strong project management skills
- Personal commitment to and passion for CMI’s mission
Download full job-description here.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to info[at]charlottemasoninstitute.org.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis.