APPLY TO REGISTER YOUR GROUP AS AN…
Alveary Co-op/Hybrid School
We are delighted to offer a way for members to use Charlotte Mason’s Alveary curriculum in a co-op or hybrid school setting.
What constitutes a co-op or hybrid school?
- An organization that serves three or more families and shares the teaching role in one of two categories
- 1. Co-Ops or any organization not taking on the primary role of oversight and instruction for member families
- 2. Co-Ops, Hybrid Schools, or any organization taking on the primary role of oversight and instruction for member families without assuming the full legal responsibility for the oversight of the student’s education (if allowed by state law)
- Co-op leaders must list all families participating, apply for Alveary Co-Op status, and be approved for membership yearly prior to any of the families registering for membership.
- Upon approval, all families must register using the code issued to the leader. (Any co-op/hybrid school member who desires the discounted rate but does not use the code will be assessed a $20.00 administration fee to cover the extra costs required to correct the member’s status.)
- Each family participating in the co-op or hybrid school is required to have a current Alveary membership. This will enable each one to follow the curriculum as a cohesive whole and receive training via the Knowledge Base and other member resources.
- Groups must meet in person at least once per month to conduct classes in a minimum of at least three Alveary subjects.
Suggestions for Alveary use in a Category 1 co-op/hybrid school
- Adopt a relational code of conduct and discipline.
- Develop policies for admission, termination, and teacher assignments.
- Develop plans for teacher training.
- Vary the types of subjects done during co-op days to maintain a balance of subjects throughout the week.
- Follow the timetables for the amount of time for each subject.
- Provide personal copies of books and pictures (where appropriate) for each student.
- Administer and assess exams for all subjects covered.
- At the end of each term, submit at least one sample exam from each applicable form for subjects covered during co-op (links will be provided).
Requirements for Alveary use in a Category 2 co-op/hybrid school
- Must agree to implement the current program of Charlotte Mason’s Alveary, both in member homes and on co-op days, in as many subjects as possible including historical, literary, scientific, and fine art subjects throughout all applicable forms.
- Must vary the types of subjects done during co-op days in order to maintain balance of subjects throughout the week.
- Must provide accountability for work done at home.
- Must follow the timetables for the amount of time for each subject.
- Must have personal copies of books and pictures where appropriate for each student.
- Must administer and assess exams for all students in all historical, literary, scientific, and fine art subjects, in addition to any other subjects taught at co-op.
- Discounted Alveary membership fee for families participating in an approved co-op or hybrid school: $199.99 (Any co-op/hybrid school member who desires the discounted rate but does not use the code will be assessed a $20.00 administration fee to cover the extra costs required to correct the member’s status.)